The Trinity Diploma in TESOL is an advanced qualification suitable for experienced teachers of ESOL hoping to work in an area or organisation that requires a diploma-level qualification, e.g. more senior teaching positions, academic management, teacher training or work within the higher education sector. The DipTESOL is ideal for those who want to further their skills and knowledge both for their own personal development and so that they can support and guide less experienced colleagues.
The DipTESOL is also accepted by many universities for credits towards MA TESOL programmes and other subject-related degrees.
- A prestigious, internationally recognised qualification
- A positive, dynamic and supportive learning environment
- World-renowned tutors
- A rewarding course that transforms your teaching
- Small groups
Our Trinity DipTESOL programme is run in cooperation with Oxford TEFL – one of the world’s foremost names in TESOL. The course comprises four components that cover the theory and practice of English Language Teaching.
Our goal is to provide a course which is dynamic and practical and meets the needs of participants. Our experienced tutors will help you to deepen your theoretical knowledge of teaching and learning. You will learn new approaches to teaching and have the opportunity to put them into practice as the course progresses.
This is a blended course with the online component offering plenty of opportunities for interaction. Our aim is to encourage the support and sharing of ideas between participants. To achieve this we ensure that you are in regular contact with each other in our virtual classroom. Using the latest technology you will be able to see and hear your colleagues from all over the world, as well as participate in forum discussions on weekly modules throughout the course.
You will spend 6 months working online with participants from all over the world, in our virtual classroom, and then attend a 3-week face-to-face block in the assessment phase.
You will have the option to complete your Teaching Practice at our centre in Sheung Wan, or in your own school with your own students (subject to a surcharge to cover the added travel time and costs of the instructor).
Candidates can attend the online component from anywhere in the world. You can select to attend the three week face-to-face block in Hong Kong, Barcelona, or Prague.
The Trinity Diploma in TESOL is scrutinised by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications. The DipTESOL is registered under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance (Course Registration 252600). It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
DipTESOL: Key features
DipTESOL: Key features
- Flexible: the blended course allows you to plan your study around your teaching work – you can even complete the Teaching Practice component in your own school, with your own students
- Manageable time frame: our programmes run for 6-12 months, but trainees have a three-year time frame to complete all the assignments for the qualification
- Personal: focuses on individual professional development and reflective practice, and candidate’s own research interests
- Life-skills: trainees learn valuable work-life skills helping teachers develop a successful career
- Credit-bearing: credits are awarded towards MA degree programmes at a number of UK universities