Acceptance onto the course is at the discretion of the Course Director. We judge your suitability for the course by means of a pre-interview language awareness task, followed by an interview including a written task and discussion of teaching and learning experiences.
Trinity’s essential entry requirements for applicants are:
- minimum age 18 on entry to the course
- trainees should hold qualifications suitable for entry to higher education (a degree is preferable, but IB or A-levels or equivalent are accepted, along with evidence of academic motivation and relevant skills and experience)
- demonstrated competence in written and spoken English appropriate to a teacher of English (CEFR C1, IELTS 7.0, GESE 10 or equivalent)
- a basic awareness of structural aspects of the English language, and its application in a teaching context
- the willingness to work cooperatively as a member of the training group and respond constructively to feedback on personal performance
- the ability to work well to deadlines in an intensive study environment, and the ability to deal with pressure and the strict time and energy demands of this rigorous course.
Trainees coming from overseas will need to obtain a study visa from the Hong Kong Immigration Department, which normally takes 4-6 weeks to process. We are happy to help you apply for a study visa and can also provide useful contacts for finding accommodation.
Study visas are only available for full-time courses.