Dates & Fees
The 7-month online phase runs twice yearly:
- January to July
- October to April
Upon completion of the online phase, you need to attend one of the following 4-week face-to-face assessment phases, which are scheduled for:
6 July - 31 July (2020) - Full
3 August - 28 August (2020) - Full
- 31 August - 25 September (2020) - Applications closed.
- Dates for 2021 assessment phases to be confirmed.
Attendance to a 4 week block is mandatory in order to complete unit 3 and unit 4 assessments.
The total cost of the Trinity Diploma in TESOL course is HK$30,000, payable as follows:
- The first installment of HK$10,000 is payable upon your acceptance onto the course, as a deposit to in order to secure your place on the course.
- Payment of the second installment of HK$10,000 is required at the start of the course.
- Payment of the third instalment of HK$10,000 is required three months in advance of the face-to-face assessment phase.
- A 10% discount applies to all former English for Asia CertTESOL trainees
Additional payment of Trinity examination fees (Total GBP£567.00) are required eight weeks prior to the examination dates.
Required books: There are 7 books you’ll be required to have in order to complete the course. If you purchase them all as new the approximate cost is HK$2,500.
Resit fees, if applicable, are as follows:
- Unit 2 – Classroom Observation Instrument £31.00
- Unit 2 – Developmental Record £31.00
- Unit 2 – Independent Research Project £31.00
- Unit 4 – Internally Assessed Lessons £48.00
- Unit 4 – Teaching Practice Journal £45.00
Notes on Resit Fees:
- Unit 4 fees: If a candidate fails the internal assessment only then the fee above applies.
- If a candidate fails all the other sections in Unit 4 then the full fee applies.
- Unit 2 fees: If a candidate fails on one of the sections in part 2 then the relevant section fee above applies.
- Units 1 and 3: Candidates have to pay the full fee to resit these exams.
- Trinity reserves the right to change fees without further notification.
- If an applicant postpones any Unit of the examinations after the exam request form has been submitted, he/she will be declared absent and will have to pay the full Trinity fees for that exam again.t.