TESOL Starter Course
In 20-hours you will…
- Learn how to teach the English language in an engaging way making use of different kinds of classroom activities.
- Become a better writer and grammarian.
- Understand the phonemic sounds of English and how stress on words and sentences lead to better comprehension for the speaker and listener.
Who is this course for?
- For those preparing for a Trinity CertTESOL or Cambridge CELTA certificate course
- Teachers who want to improve their knowledge of grammar, phonology and teaching methodologies
- Anyone who wants a bitesize taste of what a TESOL course might involve
- Anyone looking to kick start their English teaching career
Designed as a self-paced online on-demand course, the Starter Course learning materials are available and accessible to you anywhere at any time.
What to expect:
Learning input on this course varies to include reading short texts and studying diagrams, to watching clips of teaching practice and listening to discussions between tutors. There are a number of exercises throughout this course to support your learning and provide you with feedback on your progress. Exercises include reflective tasks, short quizzes, and sharing ideas in the discussion forum with your classmates.
The answers to quizzes in this course will be available once you have completed the task. This enables you to review your ideas and highlight areas of focus that you need to work on. In addition, you can refer to the glossary tab to review keywords and terms related to TESOL.
If you apply to study English for Asia’s Trinity CertTESOL course within 60 days of purchasing this TESOL Starter Course, you will be eligible to receive a HKD$1,200 discount from our regular Trinity CertTESOL course fee. The discount fee will be applied upon successful admission to the course with English for Asia.