Course opens 17th July 2020
The TYLEC Headstart course features 20 hours of online self-access study on key practical skills needed to teach English to Young Learners.
You can progress through this course at your own pace, building a good foundation for the internationally recognised Trinity Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate (TYLEC).
- Duration: 20 hours
- Study Mode: Fully online, self-access
- Level: TYLEC preparation course
Early Signup Price:
This online TYLEC Headstart course will:
- help you develop the key skills needed to teach English to Young Learners
- cover the teaching of all four language skills - speaking, writing, listening and reading
- help you build a bank of valuable ideas, strategies, tools and resources for effective young learner teaching
Through watching videos, listening to podcasts, observing lessons and completing reflective tasks you will take to develop your knowledge and skills in teaching English to Young Learners.
Course materials are accessible for 12 months from the date of purchase, allowing you to complete the course at your own pace.
After completing the TYLEC Headstart course, many progress to our accredited Trinity TYLEC qualification – an internationally recognised and in demand qualification in teaching English to Young Learners.
Who is this course for?
- For those preparing for a TYLEC qualification
- For teachers who want to improve their knowledge and practical skills in teaching English to Young Learners
For those who want an introduction to what a Trinity TYLEC course may involve
Course Content Includes:
- Classroom Management
- Play-based Learning
- Storytelling and Story-based Activities in the Young Learner Classroom
- Vocabulary Tasks for Young Learners
- Developing Speaking skills with young learners
- Integrating Phonology into Young Learner Classes
- Children and Grammar
- Writing with Young Learners
What to expect:
Learning input on this course varies to include engaging with texts, analysing graphics and observing aspects of teaching practice. This is supplemented with a series of tasks, including reflection activities and contributions to a discussion forum.
The answers to quizzes in this course will be available once you have completed the task. This enables you to review your ideas and highlight areas of focus that you need to work on. In addition, you can refer to the glossary tab to review keywords and terms related to TESOL.
How do I enrol?
After purchasing the course, you will be directed to our online learning platform to set up your study account.
The course will be available for 12 months from the purchase date.
If you would like to make a payment via bank transfer, please contact us directly.
What are my options after completing this course?
Many progress onto studying our accredited Trinity TYLEC qualification - an internationally recognised qualification for those looking to start a career in English Language Teaching. Completion of our online TYLEC Headstart Course gives yourself and our Course Trainers assurance that you have the strong foundation needed to complete the Trinity TYLEC qualification.